Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Millefiori Embellishments



05/26/10 - Millefiori Embellishments - I ordered and just received a package of millefiori. These were from Delphi Glass. The selection I received is called the "Spring Mix Millefiori Assortment". They have quite a selection of Millefiori glass.

Millefiori actually means “a thousand flowers”. Each piece is heated inside a gloryhole and then pulled into intricate designs. Then they are cut into these irregular shapes and sizes. They look like a hand full of tiny flowers.

Once I decided on getting these from Delphi, I searched for just the right design to adorn with these flowery patterns. I didn't want to make the usual pendant, so I searched for something that I think is really different.

The piece has been cut, decorated with these pieces and is currently fusing inside the kiln. I can't wait to see the final results.

No comments: